St. Paul’s Kids – September 27 & October 25
This fall we are starting a Zoom gathering for St. Paul’s Kids. The gathering will be a little bit of check in and then interactive games on Zoom. This will be designed for kids in grades 2 – 5, but Kindergarteners and 1st graders are welcome to join too.
St. Paul’s Kids will meet the 4th Sunday of the month at 11 am. Themeetings will last about 30 minutes.
The September meeting will be Sunday September 27. The October meeting will be Sunday October 25.
Zoom links for the meetings will be in the This Week and Sunday Links emails.
Pokemon Club – September 27 & October 11
We are going to try having Pokemon Club outdoors this fall. We will set up tables outside and barriers between the players. Because we will be outdoors and have barriers, masks will be at the discretion of the players and their parents.
So bring your favorite deck and come and play!
We will not be serving snacks for now, sorry. Obviously if there is rain, we will not be able to play.
Pokemon Club will be at 1 pm on Sunday September 27 and Sunday October 11.
Youth Group – October 11
Youth group will continue to meet on Zoom. We will meet the second Sunday of the month at 11 am.
The October meeting will be Sunday October 11. This will be a Zoom meeting. Topic & activity to be determined.
Zoom links for the meetings will be in the This Week and Sunday Links email.
Sunday School in a Bag
The Sunday School teachers and Pastor Vicki have talked about it and have decided that we will not resume in person Sunday School until January at the earliest. The decision was based on a couple of things. We will be doing a shorter service during the fall and so there would be a very short (less than 15 minute) time for Sunday School. Our classrooms are too small for social distancing so we would have only the parish hall and youth rooms available for classes.
We decided to go with Sunday School in a Bag for the fall. Each month it will work like this.
- The first Sunday of the month (September 13 for September) a bag for each child will be available for pick up at church.
- If you aren’t (or won’t be) at church the first Sunday of the month and want a bag, call or email the office and we will bring bags to your home.
- In the bag will be a lesson and a project.
- Pre-School – 1st grade students will need some help reading; older kids & teens should be able to do the lesson rather independently. There will be different levels of questions to let the older kids go deeper.
- There will be discussion questions for families to talk about together.
- Kids should bring their project to church on the last Sunday of the month (or drop it off at the church before that).
- The projects will be displayed at church and used in the service.
- Everything needed for the project will be in the bag, with the exception of crayons, pencils and scissors.
We will also have a coloring page available at church each week for kids to do in the pews during the service and take home with them.