St. Paul’s Kids – November 22
This fall we are starting a Zoom gathering for St. Paul’s Kids. The gathering will be a little bit of check in and then interactive games on Zoom. This will be designed for kids in grades 2 – 5, but Kindergarteners and 1st graders are welcome to join too.
St. Paul’s Kids will meet the 4th Sunday of the month at 11 am. The meetings will last about 30 minutes.
Zoom links for the meetings will be in the This Week and Sunday Links emails.
In November we are going to try an in-person St. Paul’s kids gathering. We will meet in the parish hall on Sunday November 22 at 1 pm. Masks are required. We will play socially distanced games for an hour.
Youth Group – November 15
Youth Group will meet on Sunday November 15 at 11 am. We will meet in the parish hall. The program for November is Bingo (and possibly a game of hide and seek). Masks are required.
Pokemon Club – November 29
Pokemon Club will meet in the parish hall on Sunday November 29 at 1 pm. Masks are required. Come and play Pokemon with your friends.
Advent in a Box
Advent begins on Sunday November 29. Advent is the season of 4 weeks leading up to Christmas and is a time when we joyfully anticipate the coming of Christ.
Advent is a time when it is appropriate to focus on prayer and activities that draw us closer to Christ.
This year St. Paul’s is offering Advent in a Box to every household.
Advent In A Box is appropriate for households of all make-ups and people of all ages.
The box will include:
- All the materials to make an advent wreath
- Reflection cards with scripture, reflection questions and prayers to use with the advent wreath.
- A prayer based Advent Calendar – that is an activity that will combine
prayer with the counting the days of advent.
- Materials and directions for a small version of an Anglican rosary
- Coloring pages on advent themes suitable for adults or children.
If you would like an Advent box delivered to you, please let the church office know.
Sunday School in a Bag
The Sunday School teachers and Pastor Vicki have talked about it and have decided that we will not resume in person Sunday School until January at the earliest. The decision was based on a couple of things. We will be doing a shorter service during the fall and so there would be a very short (less than 15 minute) time for Sunday School. Our classrooms are too small for social distancing so we would have only the parish hall and youth rooms available for classes.
We decided to go with Sunday School in a Bag for the fall. Each month it will work like this.
- The first Sunday of the month a bag for each child will be available for pick up at church.
- If you aren’t (or won’t be) at church the first Sunday of the month and want a bag, call or email the office and we will bring bags to your home.
- In the bag will be a lesson and a project.
- Pre-School – 1st grade students will need some help reading; older kids & teens should be able to do the lesson rather independently. There will be different levels of questions to let the older kids go deeper.
- There will be discussion questions for families to talk about together.
- Kids should bring their project to church on the last Sunday of the month (or drop it off at the church before that).
- The projects will be displayed at church and used in the service.
- Everything needed for the project will be in the bag, with the exception of crayons, pencils and scissors.
We will also have a coloring page available at church each week for kids to do in the pews during the service and take home with them.